Monday, June 11, 2012

Pregnant Women with Epilepsy and It's Relation to Future Babies

As our little girls grow older, like in my case, I came to wonder what if her seizure still attacks till the time she reached the age of adolescence. Yes, it's really hard for a mom to think of this kind of situation. Although her seizure is not appearing right after she has her maintenance, but we can never tell until when.

What if she's ready to settle down and she's pregnant?

This is the hardest part for me. Since my kid is girl, she is entitled to love and be loved. Of course, she will met a man that would truly understand her situation and later on entitled to carry a child. What will happen to a child, since she's been taking medicine for her seizure. It's still a question for me.

Although I found an article for the website that I have subscribed on @  WHAT HAPPENS TO CHILDREN EXPOSED TO ANTISEIZURE DRUGS IN WOMEN WITH EPILEPSY? but still I was not fulfilled of the trouble I have with me. But still, this really have helped. Here, take a look at the story of the effect of medications for Epilepsy.

This will help us not to be worried so much for pregnant epileptic women but to be aware of the possible risks associated by medications as to the I.Q. rates of the child.

0 comments:

Post a Comment